Life at Polygeist
Polygeist builds world-leading AI technology for defence, national security, law enforcement, and healthcare customers. Our mission is to save lives, protect the innocent, and safeguard civil liberties. We do this by providing timely explainable insights to real operations across sectors.
We serve front line law enforcement and intelligence services, delivering impact on their investigations, so they can stop child sexual exploitation, prevent organised criminal gangs from trafficking desperate people, and prevent terrorist attacks.
Polygeist’s core mission is to save lives, and we apply our technologies across sectors to achieve this. For example, we work with the Parkinson’s UK Brain Bank at Imperial College London to build advanced histopathology analytics for detecting Parkinson’s, Dementia, Multiple System Atrophy, and a range of other neurodegenerative diseases in order to accelerate and systematise novel pathology research. This leads to better understanding of these conditions, and eventually, we hope, to new treatments. For an example of the world-leading work we do to improve patient outcomes, see this case study from one of our customers.
We know advanced technology is the key to unravelling the hardest investigative questions faced by those we trust to keep us safe. We know that the pace of progress means these technologies need to keep pace with the world in which the crimes are being committed. We engage small teams of the smartest minds around the hardest problems to have the greatest impact in the shortest time.
How do we choose our work?
Polygeist keeps a full order book through much of the year. This puts us in the fortunate position of being able to be selective about the projects we accept, and the customers with whom we will work. In everything we do, we strive to balance our two key objectives:
|Novel & Interesting Work
|We care deeply about the positive impact our work will have in the real world. With every project we undertake, we bring the energy and focus required to move the needle for our customer and have real mission impact. We want to save lives, protect the innocent, and safeguard civil liberties; this requires a constant mission focus to all of our work.
|Polygeist was founded by, and continues to be led by, scientists and engineers. At our heart is the pursuit of the novel, and the constant quest for knowledge. This manifests in our desire to solve the hardest problems for the most impactful customers. Our work is always diverse, we’re not married to a single tech stack or solution pathway, and we take real joy in the discovery of novel scientific solutions to really interesting problems.
- Impactful projects, using diverse technologies, working with a range of highly engaged customers to make a real difference in the world
- Generous profit-share based bonus scheme
- Work from home
- Very flexible working hours, and take as much holiday as you want provided the work gets done
- Private healthcare for all staff, and their partners
- Company socials
- On-the-job training
- Meeting free days and 24 days per year allocated for self-improvement
- Company-contributed pension plan
- Staff-led charitable giving
We are a mission-led company, with a strong set of values that underpin all of our work. These values come from the bottom up: we don’t write them down to make them true, we write them here because we live them.
- We’re honest: We build relationships based on trust, and only ever pitch what’s possible.
- We’re ethical: We only work with clients who are committed to making the world a better place.
- We’re adaptable: We work at our customer’s pace, adapting quickly to meet their needs & deliver the best technical and organisational solutions.
- We care: We care deeply for our team & our clients, always designing our products with the end-user in mind.
- We strive: We often under-promise & over-deliver, and strive to surprise & delight our customers every day.